The Rotary Club of Thunder Bay (Fort William) is pleased to announce the launch of our 35th annual house lottery. The home is located at 205 Bishop Court in the Sherwood Estates subdivision.
Our Grand Prize Draw this year is a beautiful Lormar Construction (Mario Michieli) custom 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom bi-level home with a completely finished basement. The value of the house, complete with kitchen appliances is $642,047 (including taxes). The draw for the house will take place on Thanksgiving Day, October 11, 2021 at the Grand Prize Lottery House at approximately Noon.
The house features three bedrooms on the main floor plus an additional two on the lower level and three four-piece baths. The ensuite features a walk-in tiled shower with glass doors. Other features are quartz counter tops in kitchen and bathrooms, Mirage hardwood flooring (main floor), high-efficiency furnace, air conditioning and air exchange system, upgraded trim package, professional style kitchen appliances, finished basement with gas fireplace, wooden deck and double car heated attached garage.
2021 Lottery House
205 Bishop Court
in prizes to
be won for
This year includes $60,000 in cash prizes.
That’s an increase over previous years of
Money raised from the 2020 FW Rotary House Lottery
There will be FIFTEEN $1,000 Early Bird draws. The first draw will begin on Friday, April 2nd where $6,000 (6 draws X $1,000) will be given away. Each Friday after until June 4th, another $1,000 will be drawn. Starting Friday, June 18th, there will be NINE $5,000 bi-weekly Cash Draw prizes. One every second Friday until October 8th. The draws are held at 11:30 am on each draw date in the offices of BDO LLP, 1095 Barton Street. You are welcome to attend to view. Our main draw, for the HOUSE, will take place on Thanksgiving Day at the Grand Prize Lottery House at approximately noon.
All Early Bird and Cash Draw winners will be contacted by phone following the draw and will be announced on our website within two days following the draws.
The proceeds of the lottery go to help many projects, large and small, in Thunder Bay and region. This is your opportunity to help the people of your community. Rest assured your purchase makes a difference.
Best of luck in this year’s draw!
Giving Back to Our Community
The 2020 Fort William Rotary House Lottery raised just over $439,000 to support a variety of charitable organizations contributing to the well-being of our community. For the past 34 years, the people of Thunder Bay and district have made this lottery a success and assisted us to contribute over $6M to local and district charities.
In addition to our ongoing support of the Wilderness Discovery Centre (over $200,000 to HAGI over the past years) and the $500,000 commitment to “Our Hearts at Home” campaign at the Thunder Bay Regional Hospital, this year we have made a 3 year commitment of $150,000 to George Jeffrey Children’s Foundation for programs to meet the need for support of children in Northwestern Ontario.
Your continued support provides a stronger community for all of us!
Support Our Community
Early Bird & Cash Prizes
You Could Win $702,047 in Total Prizes!!
All early Bird and Cash Draws will take place at 11:30 am at the office of BDO, 1095 Barton Street, Thunder Bay, ON. All tickets for Early Bird and Cash draws must be purchased by 11:59 pm the Sunday preceding the draw. Total of $60,000 in Early Bird and Cash Draw Prizes!
Grand Prize House Draw
October 11, 2021 • 12:00pm • 205 Bishop Court
Early Bird Draws
Fort William Rotary House Lottery Rules & Regulations
- Ticket Purchasers and any other persons named on ticket must be at least 18 years of age.
- Tickets must be purchased within the province of Ontario and cannot be mailed outside of Ontario.
- Only tickets that have been paid and verified as paid in full by the respective sales deadline are eligible.
- Only 16,000 tickets will be sold at either $100 each or a 3-Pack for $250.
- Up to two additional names/group names may be recorded on a ticket. The purchaser’s name shall always appear as the first name on any ticket purchased.
- The name(s) on all “3 for $250” tickets must be the same.
- First name on the front of the ticket is the official winner and is responsible for sharing any winnings with other names on the stub.
- Ticket numbers will be issued in sequential order.
- Tickets and payment receipt will be mailed within 14 days to the address provided at the time of ticket order. If requested the ticket and payment receipt will be emailed within 2 days if a valid email address is provided at time of purchase.
- Ticket sales deadline for all Early Bird and Cash Draws is 11:59 pm of the Sunday prior to the draw.
- The Grand Prize House Draw ticket sales deadline is Saturday Oct 9, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Mail-in ticket orders must be received by 5:00 pm October 8, 2021.
- The Grand Prize House Draw to take place at approximately noon on October 11, 2021 at the Grand Prize House, 205 Bishop Court, Thunder Bay, ON.
- No cash substitute for the Grand Prize.
- Early Bird and Cash Prize draws will occur at 11:30 am in the offices of BDO Canada LLP, 1095 Barton Street, Thunder Bay, ON.
- Early Bird and Cash Prize draw winners are eligible for all subsequent draws and the Grand Prize.
- Method of payment to be money order, MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Visa Debit (Telephone sales payment is by credit card only).
- Any requests for refunds must be made to Fort William Rotary House Lottery within 48 hours of the ticket purchase (email: email@example.com or phone: 807-621-7902). No refunds will be issued after October 5, 2021.
- By purchasing a ticket you agree to allow the Rotary Club of Thunder Bay (Fort William) the right, if you are a prize winner, to use and publicly disclose your name, municipality of residence, image, photograph and/or likeness as a prize winner in any means required by the terms of our lottery license and/or that we consider appropriate for the purposes of administering and promoting the lottery, without review or approval by you, or notice or additional compensation to you.
- The liability of the licensee of this lottery shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Rotary Club of Thunder Bay (Fort William) members and all of their immediate family members residing in the same household are not eligible.
- All tickets remain in control of BDO Canada LLP
- From the first draw date on April 2, 2021, winners will be posted on the Fort William Rotary House Lottery website www.fwrotaryhouselottery.ca and on our social media pages. Complete draw results will be published on our website by October 31, 2021.
- Lottery Licence # RAF1201502
The house is located at 205 Bishop Court in the Sherwood Estates subdivision.
No, the lot is not landscaped. It is machine graded ready for topsoil.
With the finished basement the house has approximately 3,000 square feet of living area.
16,000 tickets will be printed.
You do not need your tickets to claim a prize, your name, address and phone number are recorded in the database along with your ticket numbers. If you would like a replacement ticket please contact us and we will send you a copy of your ticket.
Tickets will be delivered to the purchaser via email and/or letter mail. For online and phone ticket orders will be mailed within 2 weeks. If the purchaser requests to have their ticket delivered by email and a valid email address is provided, tickets will be provided by email within 2 business days. For all other ticket orders where a valid email address is provided, official tickets will be provided by email within 7-10 business days. Ticket purchasers may request a printed copy of their tickets by contacted us at 807-621-7902 or 807-621-7905.
Note: depending on when you purchased, delays can occur at cut-offs due to volume.
All winners will be notified by phone, through email or through Canada Post within 24 hours as to what they have won and where/how to claim their prize(s). Winners will also be posted on our website at www.fwrotaryhouselottery.ca and on our social media accounts. A complete list of winners will also be posted online at www.fwrotaryhouselottery.ca. A printed list of winners is available upon request.
Lottery tickets are not tax deductible in accordance with Canada Revenue.
As the winner of the house, you are awarded your new home free and clear of any encumbrances.
After you take the title of your new home, you would be responsible for the usual costs associated with home ownership (post-transfer property taxes, utilities, insurance, etc).
No, the house is not furnished. Professional style kitchen appliances – stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and range hood are provided.
For the Health and safety of both our volunteers and visitors, the Lottery House will NOT be open for IN PERSON SALES until further notice, due to concerns around COVID 19. Thank you for your understanding and support.
However, please visit fwrotaryhouselottery.ca to enjoy the photo album and take a virtual tour of the house.
The taxes are determined when the house is complete and are set by the city.
No, ticket numbers are assigned consecutively.
Ticket stubs are placed in the draw drum each week under the supervision of BDO Canada LLP. Winning tickets will be drawn from the drum on each draw date under the supervision of BDO Canada LLP.
The following are the guidelines for purchasing tickets:
- One method of payment
- If receiving a printed copy, only one envelope will be mailed containing the tickets to an ONTARIO address
- All ticket packs must contain the same purchaser’s information with up to a maximum of three names and will be sent to the primary ticket holder (the first name that appears on the ticket)
- Cheques not accepted
No. Lottery winnings in Canada are considered a windfall and are not taxable in Canada.
No. The moment you take title of your new home, it’s yours to do with as you wish. You can move in, sell it, rent it – whatever you choose.
We want our Lottery House winner to be happy, so land transfer taxes, legal and any other fees for the title transfer to the winner are paid for by the Fort William Rotary House Lottery.
When you order a House Lottery ticket, it’s a WIN-WIN! Not only do you have the chance to WIN a prize, you WIN by helping Thunder Bay and district charities.
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS — EVERY TICKET CHANGES A LIFE!
IT’S A WIN-WIN
The Fort William Rotary House Lottery is administered by the Rotary Club of Thunder Bay (Fort William). Any personal information that you provide is collected for the purpose of fulfilling this Lottery and promoting future such lotteries. Fort William Rotary does not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists.
Complete the Online Order Form on our secure website.
Please complete the Mail-in Form here. Tickets may be purchased with a money order or by credit card. Mail form and payment to:
Fort William Rotary House Lottery
P.O. Box 10061
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5P8