The Rotary Club of Thunder Bay (Fort William) is pleased to announce the launch of our 37th annual house lottery. The home is located at 488 Muskrat Drive in the Parkdale subdivision.
Our Grand Prize Draw this year is a beautiful custom 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom bi-level home with a completely finished basement built by Triad Contracting. The value of the house (including HST), complete with kitchen appliances is $750,000. The draw for the house will take place on Canada Day, July 1, 2023 at Thunder Bay Marina Park at approximately 6:30pm.
The house features two bedrooms on the main floor plus an additional two on the lower level and three four-piece baths. The master bedroom ensuite features a custom tile walk-in shower with glass enclosure and rain shower, heated ceramic tile floor and custom lighting. The other two bathrooms have custom cabinets with quartz counter tops, ceramic tile floor and acrylic tub & shower/shower surround. The open concept kitchen, dining room and living room features custom cabinetry in the kitchen with under-counter LED lighting, quartz counter tops, fridge, slide-in range, dishwasher, microwave, range hood and a large island with seating for four. Other features of the home include energy efficient windows, air conditioning, security system, air exchange system, upgraded trim package, finished basement, partially covered wooden deck with gas line for BBQ and attached garage.
2023 Lottery House
488 MUSKRAT DRIVE
in prizes to
be won for
This year includes $50,000 in Early Bird Cash Prizes.
Money raised from the 2022 Fort William Rotary House Lottery
This year there will be ten Early Bird Cash draws for a total of $50,000 to be won. The first draw for $10,000 cash will be held on Thursday, April 6th. This will be followed by nine $5,000 weekly draws each Friday starting April 14th. One every Friday until June 2nd. The draws are held at 11:30 am on each draw date in the offices of BDO, 1095 Barton Street. You are welcome to attend to view.
Our main draw for the house will take place on Canada Day, July 1st at Thunder Bay Marina Park at approximately 6:30pm.
All Early Bird winners will be contacted by phone following the draw and will be announced on our website within two days following the draws.
The proceeds of the lottery go to help many projects, large and small, in Thunder Bay and region. This is your opportunity to help the people of your community. Rest assured your purchase makes a difference.
Best of luck in this year’s draw!
Giving Back to Our Community
The 2022 Fort William Rotary House Lottery raised just over $436,000 to support local & District Charities. These charitable organizations contribute to the well being of children, seniors, veterans & those that are unfortunate and most vulnerable in Thunder Bay & District Communities. For the last 36 years, with your support, this local lottery has been a huge success & has been able to contribute over $7 million to many local & district charities.
In addition to our support to the Thunder Bay Regional Hospital, Wilderness Discovery Centre , George Jeffrey Children’s Foundation, we also support the Shelter House, RFDA, St Joseph’s Hospital Foundation, Our Kids Count, the Boys & Girls Club, the Lakehead Festival of Music for the Arts, the Art Gallery, and Camp Quality, an organization that provides free uplifting camping experiences for children from ages 7 to 17 affected by Cancer & other blood disorders.
Your support is critical to the success of this endeavour. Your support provides stronger, healthier communities for all.
Please Support Our Community
Early Bird & Cash Prizes
You Could Win $800,000 in Total Prizes!!
All Early Bird draws will take place at 11:30 am at the office of BDO, 1095 Barton Street, Thunder Bay, ON. All tickets for Early Bird draws must be purchased by 11:59 pm the Sunday preceding the draw. Total of $50,000 in Early Bird Cash Draw Prizes!
Grand Prize House Draw
July 1, 2023 • 6:30pm • Marina Park
Early bird cash draws
Fort William Rotary House Lottery Rules & Regulations
- By purchasing a ticket the Purchaser acknowledges they have read, understood, and agreed to these rules and regulations.
- Ticket Purchasers and any other persons named on ticket must be at least 18 years of age.
- Tickets must be purchased within the province of Ontario and cannot be mailed outside of Ontario.
- Only tickets that have been paid and verified as paid in full by the respective sales deadline are eligible.
- Only 20,000 tickets will be sold at either $100 each or a 3-Pack for $250.
- Up to two additional names/group names may be recorded on a ticket. The purchaser’s name shall always appear as the first name on any ticket purchased.
- The name(s) on all “3 for $250” tickets must be the same.
- First name on the front of the ticket is the official winner and is responsible for sharing any winnings with other names on the stub.
- Ticket numbers will be issued in sequential order.
- After purchase, a ‘Thank You’ page will be displayed after the transaction is approved with the transaction receipt and ticket(s); purchasers will have the option to print this page for their records. Ticket(s) and payment receipt will also automatically be emailed to the purchaser at the email address supplied at time of purchase. When requested, ticket(s) and transaction receipts will be re-issued and tickets delivered by letter mail within 3 – 4 weeks to the address provided at the time of ticket order.
- Ticket sales deadline for all Early Bird and Cash Draws is 11:59 pm of the Sunday prior to the draw.
- The Grand Prize House Draw ticket sales deadline is Sunday June 25, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Mail-in ticket orders must be received by 5:00 pm Friday June 24, 2023.
- The Grand Prize House Draw to take place at approximately 6:30 pm on July 1, 2023 at Marina Park, Thunder Bay, ON. In the event that Canada Day celebrations at Marina Park are cancelled the draw will take place at approximately noon at the Grand Prize House, 488 Muskrat Drive.
- No cash substitute for the Grand Prize.
- Early Bird Cash Prize draws will occur at 11:30 am in the offices of BDO Canada LLP, 1095 Barton Street, Thunder Bay, ON.
- Early Bird Cash Prize draw winners are eligible for all subsequent draws and the Grand Prize.
- Method of payment to be Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Debit Mastercard or Visa Debit. Cash payment accepted for Open House in-person sales.
- Any requests for refunds must be made to Fort William Rotary House Lottery within 48 hours of the ticket purchase (email: email@example.com or phone: 807-620-6011). No refunds will be issued after May 23, 2023.
- By purchasing a ticket you agree to allow the Rotary Club of Thunder Bay (Fort William) the right, if you are a prize winner, to use and publicly disclose your name, municipality of residence, image, photograph and/or likeness as a prize winner in any means required by the terms of our lottery license and/or that we consider appropriate for the purposes of administering and promoting the lottery, without review or approval by you, or notice or additional compensation to you.
- The liability of the licensee of this lottery shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Rotary Club of Thunder Bay (Fort William) members and all of their immediate family members residing in the same household are not eligible.
- All tickets remain in control of BDO Canada LLP
- From the first draw date on April 6, 2023, winners will be posted on the Fort William Rotary House Lottery website www.fwrotaryhouselottery.ca and on our social media pages. Complete draw results will be published on our website by July 31, 2023.
- For all inquiries on the conduct, prizing and the procedures of the lottery please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (807) 620-6011.
- In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will be kept in a safe and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a local charity with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- Lottery Licence # RAF1288041
Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline (1-866-531-2600)
The house is located at 488 Muskrat Drive in the Pardale subdivision.
From Arthur Street turn onto Parkdale Blvd. at the Canadian Tire store. Follow Parkdale Blvd to Muskrat Drive.
No, the lot is not landscaped. It is machine graded ready for topsoil.
With the finished basement the house has approximately 2,500 square feet of living area.
20,000 tickets will be printed.
You do not need your tickets to claim a prize. Your name, address and phone number are recorded in the database along with your ticket numbers. In order to claim your prize, you must present valid photo identification. All prizes must be claimed within 6 months. All unclaimed prizes will be subject to the AGCO unclaimed prize policy and procedure. If you would like a replacement ticket please email us at email@example.com or phone (807) 620-6011 and we will send you a copy of your ticket.
Tickets will be delivered to the purchaser via email. If a valid email address is provided the purchaser will receive an email confirmation of their ticket purchase shortly after ordering as well as an email with their official ticket(s) and purchase receipt. Please note, there may be a delay in email delivery during times of high website traffic.
Ticket purchasers may request a printed copy of their tickets by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (807) 620-6011. Ticket(s) will be mailed within 3 – 4 weeks.
All winners will be notified by phone, through email or through Canada Post within 24 hours as to what they have won and where/how to claim their prize(s). Winners will also be posted on our website at www.fwrotaryhouselottery.ca and on our social media accounts. A complete list of winners will also be posted online at www.fwrotaryhouselottery.ca. A printed list of winners is available upon request.
Lottery tickets are not tax deductible in accordance with Canada Revenue.
As the winner of the house, you are awarded your new home free and clear of any encumbrances.
After you take the title of your new home, you would be responsible for the usual costs associated with home ownership (post-transfer property taxes, utilities, insurance, etc).
No, the house is not furnished. Professional style kitchen appliances – stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and range hood are provided.
Beginning March 4th the Lottery House will be open on Saturdays from 1pm – 4pm for viewing. Tickets will be available for purchase at the house either by credit card or cash. Debit cards are not accepted.
The lottery house is located at 488 Muskrat Drive in the Parkdale subdivision.
Please visit fwrotaryhouselottery.ca to enjoy the photo album and take a virtual tour of the house.
The taxes are determined when the house is complete and are set by the city.
No, ticket numbers are assigned consecutively.
Ticket stubs are placed in the draw drum each week under the supervision of BDO Canada LLP. Winning tickets will be drawn from the drum on each draw date under the supervision of BDO Canada LLP.
The following are the guidelines for purchasing tickets:
- One method of payment
- All ticket packs must contain the same purchaser’s information with up to a maximum of three names
- Tickets will be emailed to the purchaser
- Cheques not accepted
No. Lottery winnings in Canada are considered a windfall and are not taxable in Canada.
No. The moment you take title of your new home, it’s yours to do with as you wish. You can move in, sell it, rent it – whatever you choose.
We want our Lottery House winner to be happy, so land transfer taxes, legal and any other fees for the title transfer to the winner are paid for by the Fort William Rotary House Lottery.
When you order a House Lottery ticket, it’s a WIN-WIN! Not only do you have the chance to WIN a prize, you WIN by helping Thunder Bay and district charities.
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS — EVERY TICKET CHANGES A LIFE!
IT’S A WIN-WIN
The Fort William Rotary House Lottery is administered by the Rotary Club of Thunder Bay (Fort William). Any personal information that you provide is collected for the purpose of fulfilling this Lottery and promoting future such lotteries. Fort William Rotary does not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists.
Complete the Online Order Form on our secure website.
For further information call (807) 620-6011 between 9am and 4:30pm.
Beginning in March, visit the Lottery House on weekends from 1pm – 4pm. Tickets will be available for purchase either by credit card or cash.